Wednesday 19 December 2018

Unimat SL 1000 watchmakers lathe joins my workshop

Well, you never know what is around the corner, on a Saturday 15th December 2018 at a party for some of our neighbours at our house one of the guests Steve was interested in the Model Live Steam Locomotives in the house. After explaining about the two trains I show him my watch repair workshop, where he said he has a small lathe in the shed which he has not used, and would I like it!

Yes please was my reply.


Unimat SL 1000 Lathe in the bag
Unimat SL 1000 Lathe in the bag
On the Monday following the party Steve arrives with a lathe in a bag, taking it out of the Bag the dirty Lathe is all there, just needs to be lovingly stripped down and rust removed and cleaned.

Unimat SL 1000 Lathe needs a good clean!
Unimat SL 1000 Lathe needs a good clean!

The Lathe is stripped down in the afternoon, it turns out the Lathe is a Unimat SL 1000 model. Later that evening I download the manual and parts list.

Unimat SL 1000 Lathe stripped down
Unimat SL 1000 Lathe stripped down

The next day I start the cleaning process, Degrease the main parts of Lathe and clean, the rest of the metal parts are left overnight in the rust remover fluid tray.

Unimat SL 1000 Lathe Main parts cleaned
Unimat SL 1000 Lathe Main parts cleaned

No comments:

Post a Comment